Re: Proposal - Project infrastructure team procedures

Hi,
On 30/04/08 at 00:53 +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Maybe my timing was bad, but no seconds, no objections, and one reply
> - that sounds like we have a showstopper problem with motivating
> people to do *anything* about this, and I'm thinking that we need to
> understand that before we think about more wording :)

        My take on this is that we do not have a problem: at least, none
 that this GR is addressing.  I am of the camp that believe that the
 only power people have in any capacity in Debian flows from the
 constitution; which means either the powers listed for developers, or
 as delegates of the DPL.  Recent delegation activity seems to bear this
 out.

        We have had full members added to the FTP team, to the DAM, and
 I don't think we had issues with any other tesm refusing to accept
 people.

        We might have issues where the DPL has not acted to add people
 to delegated teams, or where there are not enough motivated team
 members that are active, but a GR like this does not address those
 areas.

        As it stands, with the delegations already in place, and with
 the detailed team reviews underway, which indicates that the current
 DPL is going to be actively addressing the problems we have, that a GR
 is just a waste of time.

        I tend to agree with joeyh that GR's lead to controversy, are
 overly bureaucratic, and should be a matter of last recourse; we are
 hardly at last recourse here. The problems are already being addressed.

        All I am saying, is just give lo^H^Hnormal DPL powers a
 chance. It is not as if our current DPL is sitting on his hands.

        manoj
--
Keep cool, but don't freeze. Hellman's Mayonnaise