Re: Final call for votes for the debian project leader election 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 09:39:11AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         I do not consider that remark a mistake; I do not consider it
>  inappropriate, and I do not believe that officers are supposed to be
>  robotically bland even in their official comments.  The comment was
>  made about a process that is directly related to the duties of the
>  office; it did not prejudice the current vote, and it reflects my
>  opinion on what I consider a regression in the voting process.
[..]
>         As it stands, even my opinion that the shortening of the voting
>  period affected turnout could be wrong: sheesh, it is just an
>  opinion. Arguably, there are other factors that could explain the
>  discrepancy; though joeyh's analysis (which is the way you convince
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  people, BTW) does not contradict my feelings.

This is precisely the point.  Putting your opinion in a mail you send as
secretary isn't going to convince anyone either.  You've put the ways to
convince people in your mail; reasoned posts to planet or lists for
instance and you talked about GRs.  If you want to change it back, start
a debate and then a GR.

--
 ,--huggie-at-earth-dot-li--------stuff-thing-stuff----------DF5CE2B4--.
_|  '<blitz> huggie: je sais je suis nulle...mais je suis très tetue  |_