Re: Final call for votes for the debian project leader election 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 22:25:19 +0100, Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> said:

> When you send an email with From set to "Debian Project Secretary",
> you are supposed to cater to the opinion of the community, which was

        No, I am not. The opinions of the community have little to do
 with the expression of the duties of the secretary (should unpopular
 candidates be treated differently by the secretary, since the community
 does not like them?)

> clearly expressed using the well-defined voting process which,
> ironically, you are appointed to uphold.

        The voting process has been upheld. My opinions about the
 process have not led me to use a three week voting period.

        You can't, however, prevent me from holding an opinion even
 wearing my official hat.  I just need to follow the dictums of the
 constitution, while professing the whole thing is somewhat bloated and
 too bureaucratic.

> If you fail to grasp what's wrong with including your personal remarks
> into the official announcement, perhaps you should step down.

        If ever I were to even consider basing my actions on your
 judgement, I will take this under advisement.  I have never been one
 for a robotic secretary. Indeed, every CFV past the first one has some
 commentary on how the voting was going, and expressing my opinion about
 the state of the vote.

        manoj
--
We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm. Winston Churchill