Re: Ballot for leader2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 02:51:59PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > I propose that you make the beginning look like this:
>
> >  HOW TO VOTE
>
> >  First, read the full text of [...variable data...]
>
> >  The ballot is a small text form that is included below.  It is cast
> >  by sending a filled out and signed form to a dedicated e-mail
> >  address, also included below.
>
>         That is not accurate. The ballot is the whole text after the
>         line
>  XXXX CALL FOR VOTE FOR YYYYYYYYYYY
>
>         There is a portion of the ballot that you may not mangle; it is
>  the only part of the ballot that devotee cares about -- but you may,
>  and people do, send in the whole ballot. Other edit the ballot to only
>  contain the parts devotee cares about.

Well, I don't think that's really important to the typical user - people just
want to know about the part they have to send back in. Whether you call this
"the ballot" or "the part of the ballot you have edit in order to vote",
that doesn't really matter as long as it's immediately obvious where that
part is.

>         Can you present a sample ballot for, say, DPL election 2009? It
> might help to see a full ballot and compare the points of difference.

Will do (in another mail).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.