Re: Technical committee resolution

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 06:18:37PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> What that means is that it is very important that the TC has the very
> best people on it.  But it is a fact of life - particularly in a
> volunteer project like Debian - that the best people are often the
> very same people who are doing the most other stuff.

That is a fallacy - even if we assume that tech-ctte contains the "very
best people" of Debian as a whole, and that's an unsufficiently supported
assumption at that, we don't actually know with anywhere near the sufficient
amount of certainty that they are the best people for committee membership.

And that is orthogonal to the issue of the lack of time, which stands on
its own.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.