Re: My vote

[ Please Cc me on replies, if any, I am not on -vote. ]

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 03:30:55AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Hi Manoj, I haven't yet got the ack for my vote but I guess I know the
> > reason.  Do you use the pristine Debian keyring?  If so, could you
> > please either refresh all keys or just mine, using the keyservers
> > (like e.g.  subkeys.pgp.net)?  My encryption subkey expired recently
> > and I did update the expiration date after the keyring was last
> > regenerated.
>         Yes, devotee uses the pristine Debian keyring, and it has to,
>  according to the constitution: only people who have their keys in the
>  Debian keyring are DD's, by definition; and I don't think I can take
>  data from outside the official keyring for votes.

Well, I checked vote.debian.org yesterday and saw the cronjob syncing
the keyring twice daily from raff.  So my votes are counted, as I appear
on the list of voters, but I cannot check if my vote was counted right
after the polls closed because I don't have access to my token...

I hope that this doesn't make the vote subject to appeals but well, I
guess the secretary could still access the voter - secret token
association?  (Somehow key id - secret token has to be saved, otherwise
votes couldn't be overwritten.)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                             Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                       Debian Release Assistant