Re: Q: Marc Brockschmidt: "tight-knitted groups of friends"

Hi Marc,

On 14/03/08 at 12:40 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> writes:
> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> >> OTOH, experience shows that enforced addition of new members doesn't
> >> work as one would expect.
> > What case are you referring to?
> >
> > I don't think it ever happened up to now.
>
> Constant pressure from the outside lead to interesting constructs such
> as ftp-assistants and an account manager without actual permissions to
> manage accounts.
>
> > I agree however that we have to go further and that the assistant status
> > must not become the end of the road for the members who have shown that
> > they can do more and they want to do more.
>
> There are no rules describing when an assistant (or however they are called)
> should get full permissions. In fact, this simply hasn't happened yet in
> teams that have been problematic in past.

So, if elected, you wont try anything else other than "constant
constructive criticism with an emphasis on the fact that letting new
people in could solve most issues"[1]?

I think that this has been tried already in the past, unsucessfully.
What makes you think that you have better chances of success?

What will you do if constructive criticism proves unsuccessful again?

[1] <87fxuugbnn.fsf@pindar.marcbrockschmidt.de>

Thank you,