Re: Technical committee resolution

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:49:02 +0100, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> said:

> On 11320 March 1977, Anthony Towns wrote:
>> 1. The Technical Committee consists of up to 8 Developers.

> How about making that a 9, and then have members with defined service
> times, so you end up with 3 new members every year?

        Where is the use case for added churn and loss of institutional
 memory?  Is there an addded benefit for the tech ctte, just added new
 embers, with no effort made to ensure responsiveness of new members?

        With new members added routinely, is there any mechanism to
 ensure the new members are indeed technically competent, and not just
 chums of the DPL?

        Are these changes actually addressing the problems or
 dysfunction of the tech ctte, or we just making chnages for changes
 sake?  Which particular dysfunction is being addressed?  Do we have
 reason to believe that churn will solve that dysfunction?

        Why is the DPL the proper mechanism to bring forth this change?

        manoj
--
Trespassers will be shot.  Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN!