Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:

> 1: I'd be happier, though, if those proposing and seconding options
> would be more careful about the effects that their options may have,
> and be more vigilant about withdrawing options when more palletable
> options exist.

Absolutely agreed with this sentiment.

> You should not be proposing or seconding an option that you don't
> plan on ranking first.

This seems quite wrong. Why should one not carefully and precisely
phrase and propose an option that one does *not* agree with, in order
to get it voted on?

--
 \           “The cost of education is trivial compared to the cost of |
  `\                                     ignorance.” —Thomas Jefferson |