Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 09:11:01AM -0500, Theodore Tso <tytso@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> As others have pointed out, there is such a distribution, gNewSense; in
> fact, if you look at [2], you will find that there are five others,
> Ututu (the first fully free GNU/Linux distribution recognized by the
> FSF), Dynebolic, Musix GNU+Linux, BLAG, and Trisquel.  So not only is
> there one such distribution that takes free software of cardinal
> importance, there are six in the world already.  Does Debian really
> need to be the seventh such distribution?

Except that none of these distros existed when Debian set the "100% free"
goal. Should it drop this goal now there are others such distros ? I don't
think so. Should it make it less important than in the past ? I don't
think either.

Mike