Re: Status of Lenny Release GR

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 09:02 -0600, Kevin Glynn wrote:

> What is the current status of the Lenny Release GR?

The vote is in process.

> Since then I have seen a proposal from Manoj to extend it a week and
> calls for it to be suspended, but I don't see a message confirming
> that. On the original timetable it would be closing tonight.

The closing time specified in the original call for votes was in error,
as the timing was supposed to be shortened for discussion periods but
not the actual voting interval.  Thus, I believe the vote in process
should properly end at 23:59:59 on Saturday, December 28th, 2008.

In light of Manoj's resignation, I've been working to fully comprehend
the current situation in parallel with learning the mechanics of our
voting system.  I hope to further clarify the situation surrounding this
vote in the next 24 hours.  In the meantime, please continue to assume
the vote is in process and will end on the 28th.

Bdale