Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

* Russ Allbery [Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:58:07 -0800]:

> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:

> > This vote is nonsensical, and I'm hereby calling people to rank FD first
> > or to boycott it. This is a practical joke.

> Please vote FD instead of boycotting it unless you actually want every jot
> and tittle of Debian to have source and have all DFSG issues resolved
> before we release lenny.  That's what the original proposal is attempting
> to accomplish, and since the secretary's rulings support their position,
> it only needs a simple majority.  All options that lead to a release of
> lenny without resolving all issues first (other than FD) require a 3:1
> majority.

> FD will be a mess, but as I've previously posted, I believe that means
> that we fail to override a delegate decision and hence the release of
> lenny proceeds.

Does the order after FD count? If I'd rank 1 and 5 below FD, with 1
below 5, and later both reach quorum, would my ranking of 1 below 5 be
taken into account in the 1-vs-5 run, just as if I had ranked them both
above FD, or not?

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so let's economize it.
                -- Mark Twain