Re: Dwindling popularity

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 06:36:20PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> ----- "Bas Zoetekouw" <bas@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > To be honest, I don't consider this (i.e. Ubuntu being popular) to
> > be a problem at all.
>
> Neither do I. To your point... if Ubuntu being popular isn't a problem
> then maybe Ubuntu is the right way to install Debian + proprietary
> firmware?

That's kind of how I see it. If I didn't believe in the DFSG and
Debian's social contract then I really wouldn't be here. I think Debian
stands for much more than popularity, it's really the integrity of
having choice.

Anyway, we all know Ubuntu is just a crappy overlay on top of Sid,
bundled with proprietary blobs.

--
    Follow my Tweets at http://twitter.com/pobega

AIM:BlockMeHarder MSN:pobega@gmail.com JIM:pobega@jaim.at