Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

* Marc Haber <mh+debian-vote@zugschlus.de> [081109 21:00]:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 07:27:59PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > How is shipping packages in non-free instead of main supposed to be against
> > the interests of our users?
>
> Non-free is not part of Debian, and there have been movements to kick
> non-free from Debian's infrastructure. The possibility of not having
> an aptable kernel in Debian proper is a non-option for me.

And the option to have an kernel in Debian main that is not
distributeable by law and that could cause everyone's license to use the
Linux kernel at all being terminated (GPLv2 has no automatic
reinstallment of rights) if someone of the many copyright holders
brought it into a trial is much better?

Because that is the current state of affairs if there are things without
source in the Linux sourcecode...

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link