Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
>> or that we help our users by moving the Linux
>> kernel plus the installer out of main,
> How is shipping packages in non-free instead of main supposed to be against
> the interests of our users?

You seem to forget that non-free is not a part of Debian. Technically,
you are right - moving the Kernel to non-free wouldn't be against the
interest of our users. Debian wouldn't have any users anymore, so their
interests couldn't be violated.

It's a great idea: Stopping a (felt) steady decline of Debian with a big
bang. Yay.

Marc
--
BOFH #333:
A plumber is needed, the network drain is clogged