Consequences for the lenny release, was: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:

>    4. We give priority to the timely release of Lenny over sorting every bit
>       out; for this reason, we will treat fixing of DFSG violations as a
>       best-effort process.

Did anyone already writeup a summary of stuff that would be covered by
this note? My questions in particular:

 - are the violations in glibc covered here?

 - are the violations in portmap covered here?

 - what other violations are currently known to exist in lenny?

AFAIUI and have if Robert's option 2 (allow Lenny to release with
proprietary firmware) gets voted over option 3 (allow Lenny to release
with any DFSG violations) all these issues have the potential to delay
the lenny release until they are fixed. Is my understanding correct?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4