Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

On Tue, Oct 21 2008, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

> And you're comfortable with ftp-master ruling DFSG-iness through NEW
> then ? I don't really see the difference.

        I would be uncomoftable with ftp-masters willfully allowing DFSG
 violations in main without ratification from the project as a whole as
 well.

> BUt yeah, tagging bugs lenny-ignore is part of the RM tasks, and we're
> delegated for that (among other things).

        Every developer has the right to manage their own bugs too. But
 they do not have the right to just downgrade or close bugs saying that
 their package has a DFSG violation. I think the same principle applies
 here.

        manoj
--
Silence is the element in which great things fashion themselves. Thomas
Carlyle