Re: Proposal - Project infrastructure team procedures

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:45:19PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008 03:28:48 +0200, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> said:
>
> >> And you think a little GR telling DPL's "go ahead -- you can do it!"
> > [...]
> >> However, feel free to go ahead with make-work; we do need to fill up
> >> the vote page with more than just DPL votes, and I'll happily run
> >> GR's.
> > [...]
> >> What's next, a GR determining the favourite color of the Debian
> >> collective?
>
> > Thanks for being your usual obnoxious self in this discussion Manoj.
> > Can't you for once discuss something without making these snide
> > belittling remarks?
>
>         This is absolutely precious. It is wrong of me to belittle a
>  proposal, but it is all right for you to attack the man, and not the
>  argument.  Am I correct in assuming that the logical fallacy escaped
>  you?

You don't seem to realize that what you consider to be merely belittling
a specific idea without any reference to anything else, actually looks
*generally* belittling. Over the years, I've learned to tolerate and
understand this behaviour, but not everyone will necessarily see it
the same way, or be willing to tolerate it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.