Re: Proposal - Project infrastructure team procedures

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:55:29PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>   The main goal of my proposal is to allow people to choose between (A)
>   and (B) explicitely.

OK, I was actually hoping for that myself, I think I actually voiced that at
one point last year :)

> > Hmm. In the last few weeks, we've seen a few DPL decisions go completely
> > uncontested. Three people replied positively to Sam's decision on -devel,
> > and nothing else. Is that indicative enough?
>
> I'm not sure. OK, everybody seem to agree that the DPL is already
> empowered to add people to infrastructure teams. And the new members are
> clearly delegates.

Well, not everybody seemed to agree that DPL was empowered to add people to
infrastructure teams in the past, because nobody was doing these things for
*years*. Right now it has happened, so we *may* have overcome that problem,
but we don't actually know that.

A straightforward general resolution would settle this issue clearly.

> But it is still unclear whether the previous members are also delegates,
> and could be undelegated.

And that should be resolved, too, yes.

> On one hand, the recent delegations made this matter less urgent, so we
> don't need to vote on that now. On the other hand, the fact that there's
> no urgent situation might mean that it's the best time to discuss (and
> vote) on this.

Oh, yes, if we completely ignore it now just because of the recent fluke,
it would just mean we haven't learned from history.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.