Re: Technical committee resolution

ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk (Ian Jackson) writes:

> Obviously that means those people have rather less time on their
> hands.  I think this is the main cause of the TC's current
> largely-wedged state

I don't personally think that the TC suffers primarily from members
having limited time to devote.  I think the core problem is a fairly
loosely defined process for decision making that leaves us open to
being schizophrenic about timing, and with a demonstrated inability
to discern when we're reaching concensus and what to do when we
aren't.  Adding more people isn't likely to fix that.

> and I think it could be solved by widening the
> circle of people so that less is demanded from each one.

A larger committee might be a good thing for lots of reasons, but
I'm not convinced it will help the problem I think you're trying
to address as much as this implies.

Bdale