Re: Technical committee resolution

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
>    1. The Technical Committee consists of up to 8 Developers.

Why drop the suggested minimum of 4?  Does this mean a one-man
tech-ctte would be fine?

>    3. When there are 8 members, the Project Leader may appoint any
>       Developer to the Technical Committee replacing the longest serving
>       current member, provided there have not already been 2 or more
>       appointments to the Technical Committee during the current Leader's
>       term.

What should happen in a tie of service length?

Is it necessary to specify the 8 in more than one place?

> [...] There's nothing stopping the DPL from suggesting the oldest two
> TC members resigning, then reappointing them (so they become the youngest
> two TC members), if we actually do want to keep particular people on. [...]

Is that healthy?  Having a minimum break is pretty common on other
groups and might help keep things fresh.

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> So, I would replace your 2. with the current text, and your 3. with:
>   3. During any DPL term, the DPL might appoint up to two new members
>      unilaterally. He might replace an existing member, or add them as
>      additional members at his choice, provided the maximum number of eight
>      members is not exceeded.

I don't think that makes sense.  s/might/may/ or s/might/can/ please.

I'd also s/eight// because there seems no need to repeat the maximum
size and it could make future amendments smaller.

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> How about considering ctte members having failed to participate in two
> consecutive decisions as having resigned?

Maybe three rather than two, but I like that idea better than maximum
term lengths between appointments, FWIW.

Regards,