Re: Debian Project Leader Election 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 02:00:21PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         It is almost that time of the year again. Indeed, it is later
>  this year, since we had a GR last year shortening the time intervals
>  for the election

Hrm, seems like neither the website nor doc-debian.deb have been updated
to include the changes.

>         Given that we have a short nomination period, I'd suggest that
>  potential DPL candidates start getting their platform ready, and that
>  the submission date for the platform be early in March, [...]

Note that the GR also allowed candidates to "summarise their plans for
their term" during the nomination week; so there's no need to delay
posting your platform (either to Manoj for publication on vote.d.o,
or to the list) until the end of nominations on the 9th.

>         Also, people who are willing to conduct the annual Debates will
>  have less time to coordinate and plan,

(As far as the debate's concerned, it's never been able to be planned
before campaigning starts, because you don't know whose commitments you
might have to plan around until everyone's nominated)

Cheers,
aj