Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 05:25:33PM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> On 02.08.2007 17:12 schrieb Kalle Kivimaa:
> > Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> >> No. And that's a good thing.
> >
> > Actually, *if* each and every developer formally seconds the
> > resolution, I think the secretary could forego the actual voting
> > procedure as blatantly obvious.
>
> I think even if only "each and every developer"/2 + 1 would second this,
> we could be fine without a vote, couldn't we?

No. "I second this" means "I want to see this come to a vote", not
necessarily "I think this is a good idea".

Consider that Anthony Towns formally seconded
<http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_005>, his own recall vote.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22