Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

> On the other hand, the only way it will get examined is if someone who
> thinks it's worth trying has the ability to try it. Otherwise we end up
> with endless discussion that just doesn't go anywhere.

> Giving more people the ability to try out their ideas directly is
> valuable, and if the risks can be kept low, entirely worth doing.

Hm.  I have to admit I'd be much more inclined to vote for things like
this that I don't really like but that may work out if they
self-destructed in a year unless confirmed by a second vote.

> The checks done by the keyring maintainers should be the exception, not
> the rule, and ultimately should be about as common as rejections as the
> "passed through all steps and are now waiting for the DAM to create
> their account" stage in n-m. I've no idea whether that will be the case
> right for the word go, or how long it'll take to get to the point where
> it's obvious what checks are useful to DDs in general that getting it
> wrong really will be a once-every-few-years occurence.

Bleh.  So mostly a rubber stamp, then.  This feels like sponsorship except
with even fewer quality checks after the first sponsorship.