Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > While we're at it, I've long felt that a one-year DPL term is just too
> > short (because a DPL needs to spend a few months to get worked in, and
> > can't do all that much when the next election is about to turn up for
> > fear of being accused to be campaigning, often leaving only slightly
> > over half a year or so of time for real work to be done). If more people
> > feel like it, I'll draft up an amendment that turns it into a two-year
> > term, or so.
>
> Please formulate a GR and I'll second it immediately. 18-24 months seems
> sensible, annual elections are a waste of everyone's time.

FWIW, I believe that 2 years is too long, both for the DPL who may have
to assign much more time to it than now, and for the project that may
suffer under one DPL and would suffer even longer.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.