Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

Pierre Habouzit wrote:

> - step 2: waiting for an AM.

> Step 2: is not long nowadays, maybe 1 month. Well, if people can't
> wait a month, then they should not help Debian-we-release-every-10-years
> in the first place ;)

I disagree. I was advocated on 7 Mar 2007. I then waited 79 days during which
time the queue in front of me for being assigned an AM went from 12 to 15 to
11. At this point I convinced tbm to take me, even though he was trying to
reduce his AM load (and for which I'm grateful). If I hadn't I would not be
suprised if I were still waiting for an AM. The current queue waiting for an AM
contains Marco Amadori (advocated 1st March), Anthony Wong (11th march), Nigel
Croxton (21st March) and Magnus Holmgren (27th March). All of these people
have been waiting for over 4 months. I see no reason that the rest of the queue
would not also wait at least this long.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson