Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, Joey Schulze wrote:
> > > 15 months, while with DM, it would have been only few days...
> >
> > No.  You won't be able to fix it unless you have become a DM with
> > exactly the dvidvi package and thus are allowed to upload a fixed
> > version.  Otherwise you aren't and need to go through senting a
> > patch and links to the BTS and/or sponsoring via a DD.
>
> I'd gladly sponsor Benjamin if I knew that I don't have to do it
> endlessly... right now I'm not motivated to help him fix such packages
> because it imposes too much burden on me on the long term.

This perspective does not exist with the DM proposal as it has turned
out, unless he wants to maintain a single package (or more than one
package), but from what I read this does not seem to be the case.

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book