Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

* Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) [070621 16:03]:
> 1) A new keyring will be created, called the "Debian maintainers keyring".
>    It will be initially maintained in alioth subversion using the jetring
>    tool, with commit priveleges initially assigned to:
>
> 	* the Debian Account Managers (Joerg Jaspert, James Troup)
> 	* the New-maintainer Front Desk (Christoph Berg, Marc Brockschmidt,
> 	  Brian Nelson)
> 	* the FTP masters (James Troup, Ryan Murray, Anthony Towns)
> 	* the Debian Keyring maintenaners (James Troup, Michael Beattie)
> 	* the Jetring developers (Joey Hess, Anthony Towns, Christoph Berg)

Are the commit privileges assigned to the role, i.e. if e.g. some of the
FD people step back, would they automatically loose commit access?

Also, I would like to read an official opinion from FD on this.

(And, BTW, I would prefer to not write the tool to be used down in a GR,
but that's a minor issue for me.)

Cheers,
Andi
--