Re: A question to the Debian community ... (Was: Question for Sam Hocevar "Gay Nigger Association of America")

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 10:29:24AM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Sven Luther <luther@debian.org> [070511 07:47]:
> > Sometimes, a problem needs to magnified to the extreme, so that people
> > finally feel embarassed that they where unable to solve it years ago.
>
> If you magnify the wrong part, you might magnify a little problem that
> would be no problem at all without the big problem you want to resolve.
> Which might cause people to think the little problem needs fixing while
> the big problem would have been no problem without the little one.

Possibly, but can you point out the little problem here ? I guess we
have two problems :

  - the original problem between frans and me.

  - the 'email flood' problem.

so, i suppose your mail hints at the 'email flood' problem being the
biggest one, because it is hard to ignore, and the original problem
being only a minor issue, because it can be ignored by most, and could
be forgotten if i chose to be silent about it.

Does this summarize your point ? And if so, can you point to the
consequences of both these problems ?

Saddened,

Sven Luther