Re: Question to the candidates: inclusion of the kFreeBSD-* ports

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 05:17:01PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
>Hi DPL candidates,

Hi Julien,

>The kFreeBSD ports are now in a good enough shape to be included in
>unstable. Aurélien Jarno got ftpmaster's approval for that during an
>informal conversation at debconf5 [1] but so far, there's been no
>progress on this front.
>
>Since then, the SCC split happened and ftp-master moved to ries, so
>adding more architectures to the archive is no longer a problem, AIUI.
>
>Hence, what is your position on including those new, non-Linux ports ?
>What would the timeframe be like, according to you ?

I have no problem with including them, but equally I don't see them as
a very high priority *right* now. After Etch is released, I'd happily
support proposals for inclusion.

>If an ftpmaster was to charge an amount of money to include the new
>architectures (as was the case for amd64), what would, according to
>you, be a reasonable amount ?

I don't expect that money should be needed for this sort of thing.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/