Re: A question of time

[ First of all, apologies for the delayed response; I'm catching up
  after several days of FOSDEM-plague :-( ]

Hi Sune,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 11:43:05AM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Many of the candidates are busy in other parts of debian with doing some
>other more or less important work.
>
>Which parts of your current work will you spend less time on when being
>a DPL?

Prioritising time is important. When I stood last year in the DPL
election, I negotiated the possibility of extra unpaid leave from my
full-time day job to allow me the time I expected to need. That deal
is still in place.

However, in terms of other Debian commitments at the moment, I should
state that the time I'm spending on Debconf work would take priority
over DPL work for the first couple of months of my term, should I be
elected. I'm the leader of the sponsorship team, and that's not a job
I'll be able to drop easily.

I am the main maintainer of debian-cd, and also the person in charge
of weekly and daily CD builds. That regular build work mostly drives
itself these days (thankfully!), and I've just completed the major
work on debian-cd that I've been planning for a long time.

Otherwise, my package commitments are comparatively light. I have
co-maintainers for everything else important I work on, and can let
them take more of the load if necessary.

>Have you prepared other people to eventually taking over those tasks for
>you?

They're already aware of the situation.

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis