Re: Questions to the candidates

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:16:34PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:55:58PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > Unfortunately we have big cultural differences when it comes to use of the
> > money. Some people [...] feel they are some sort of second class
> > developers because they will never have that opportunity to earn money
> > while doing Debian stuff.

>   Hey, that's not really a cultural difference here. If you really
> already know for sure some people won't never ever get paid, how could
> they feel otherwise?

While I really don't wish to discourage anyone who is considering doing
so I would be rather surprised if someone wanted to sponsor my work on
clc-intercal.  I suppose this means that, at least as far as my work on
that package goes, I'm some sort of second class developer but I can't
say that does anything other than reflect the reality of the situation.

> want. Or do not pay people, but events or devcamps for teams that have
> very important task to achieve and that can benefit from such camps.

Sponsoring meetings is, of course, going to be unfair to people who for
reasons of time, remoteness or whatever can't manage to get to the
meetings - there's always going to be some unfairness.