Re: BREAKING NEWS: Debian developers aren't trusted

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 09:15:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I've still not seen Aurelian or the folks so upset with this acknowledge
> any problems with what he's done, or any similar indication that they've
> learnt from it and won't just do the same thing again. And I've seen
> lots of flippant dismissals of concerns about Aurelian's actions. Both
> those leave me unable to trust that people will take those concerns into
> account before acting, which, again, is why the restrictions were put in,
> and why they remain.
>
> If folks want to start demonstrating they do see the potential problems,
> and take them seriously enough that they'll fix them to other people's
> satisfaction rather than just their own, then I'll personally be happy to
> say there's no longer a problem trusting people to do binary-only uploads.
> But until then, as far as I'm concerned, there is.

Note the condescending and parental attitude here.

Interested readers should see _Games People Play_[0] by Eric Berne[1]
for further information on TA[2].

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_People_Play_%28book%29
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Berne
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_analysis