Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007, Bill Allombert wrote:
> The Debian project resolves that Debian developers allowed to perform
> combined source and binary packages uploads should be allowed to perform
> binary-only packages uploads for the same set of architectures.

 1) I know why this GR is proposed; I don't think it will prevent
    similar changes to the archive software in the future and AFAICT it
    won't solve any current problem of the arm or alpha ports right now

 2) (already pointed out) the wording could be enhanced as to not permit
    misinterpretation of the changes you want

 3) I think this needs to be clarified in order not to prevent the
    legitimate blocking of uploads when this is needed (for example, I
    think the listmasters have the power to moderate posts by someone to
    some mailing list when they consider this is needed; in the same way
    the ftpmasters could decide to block uploads by someone to some
    architecture when they consider this is needed)

 Perhaps 2 + 3 is about distinguishing whether ftpmasters may block
 uploads towards an architecture for all developers by default or only
 to specific developers.
   But since this GR is about revoking some ftpmasters rights which
 should be exercized with judgment, it sounds pointless to discuss what
 rights remain to them.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>