Re: Amendment to: reduce the length of DPL election process

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:35:07 +0100, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> said:

> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>> Can we have a vote?

> Thanks for calling the vote.  AIUI (tell me if I got this wrong - I'm
> new to this), I'm supposed to submit this summary:

>   Point 2 stays the same, to allow three weeks buffer zone.

        Folks, I am travelling, and thus am away from my gpg key and ssh
 keys, and shall not be able to set up the vote until after the 17th --
 and given that this is a long trip, it might take me a couple of days to
 set it up (I'll probably try to sleep all through the 18th, the way
 things are going).

        Since we have been in discussion for so long, would it be OK if
 we actually started voting on the weekend of the 23rd?  Since the next
 DPL elections are not until next year, this should have no practical
 impact on anything.  I apologize for the delay, but my bread-and-butter
 commitments have been overwhelming since debconf.

        manoj
--
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. Blaise Pascal