Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Friday 27 July 2007, Bart Martens wrote:
> I agree that some non-DD's simply deserve upload rights.  I also agree
> that some of those non-DD's waste time asking around for an upload.  But
> I also think that the Debian Project must be very careful with selecting
> the people with upload rights, because an upload to Unstable is in fact
> an immediate release to many systems using Debian Unstable and a 10 days
> delayed release to all Debian Testing machines.  This is not the case
> with contributions in svn or cvs; no direct impact.

I get the impression you're misinterpreting the proposal partly:

Note that it does _NOT_ talk about full upload rights, but about upload
rights to specific packages.

Essentially the proposal allows non-DD maintainers (we have 900+, see the
thread starting at [1] for details) to upload their own packages IF AND
ONLY IF their sponsor has indicated agreement with that by having added
the "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes" in the control file of the previous upload.

--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)