Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Friday 27 July 2007 06:40, Charles Plessy wrote:
> The Debian-Med project is in a growing phase that requires the gathering
> of programs and utilities which are easy to package and maintain, and
> which we keep in a common SVN repository.
>
> Needless to say, I would be very happy to see this GR accepted. I really
> enjoy the NM process because it helps me to raise my level, but this
> requires time, and the bar for becoming DD is higher than the level at
> which I am working now, just because what has to be done now is not so
> technically challenging. On the other hand, I do not know if my sponsor
> is mega-interested in reviewing updates of packages when upstream's
> modifications are just a 20-lines patch.

As a subscriber to the debian-med list, I do not share your view of this. I've
seen requests for sponsorship of such packages, which have generally been
quickly handled, many times by Andreas. I am definately available to sponsor
packages for the debian-med list, as are other subscribers. However, I've not
seen requests that go unanswered, or general calls for more help by the
existing sponsors.

I therefore do not agree that your example is a valid one - rather, I think
teams/groups like debian-med are an excellent way to combine work of DD's and
non-DD's.

So let the list know if you need some uploading done. I'll gladly take my
share.

Thijs