Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal, updated

On Wednesday 27 June 2007, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Why don't we just grant some of those rights you're proposing for DMs to
> our NM's after a certain point in their NM career? That would in my
> opinion instantly help and motivate fare more people than the new DM
> class will ever do.

current numbers don't support that at all IMO:
- we have slightly over 900 non-DD maintainers [1] [2],
- we currently have only 101 applicants in NM [3]
- over the lifetime of NM we have only 1061 applicants [3], and that
  includes the 101 currently being processed

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00179.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00182.html
[3] https://nm.debian.org/
--