Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Anthony Towns wrote:
> 1) A new keyring will be created, called the "Debian maintainers keyring".
>    It will be initially maintained in alioth subversion using the jetring
>    tool, with commit priveleges initially assigned to:

FWIW, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of a GR that specifies what tools
(jetring, svn) should be used. It should be left up to the discretion of
the people doing the work. If either jetring or svn turns out to be
fundamentally broken by design :-) , we don't want a GR to be required to
throw them away and choose something better.

Which begs the question of what to do about this:
> 	* the Jetring developers (Joey Hess, Anthony Towns, Christoph Berg)

Basically, I think this comes down to the set of people who have worked
on jetring being the people who are interested in making this work as
well as possible on the technical side, and if we're part of the team
it's due to that broader commitment -- a commitment that others could
also make without necessarily being the person who happened to write
jetring initially.

> 	* the individual has not annually reconfirmed their interest

How do you anticipate this working? Would having made an upload within
the past 12 months be an implicit reconfirmation of interest?

Looks good otherwise.

--
see shy jo