Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Anthony Towns wrote:
> 1) A new keyring will be created, called the "Debian maintainers keyring".
>    It will be initially maintained in alioth subversion using the jetring
>    tool, with commit priveleges initially assigned to:
> 	* the Debian Account Managers (Joerg Jaspert, James Troup)
> 	* the New-maintainer Front Desk (Christoph Berg, Marc Brockschmidt,
> 	  Brian Nelson)
> 	* the FTP masters (James Troup, Ryan Murray, Anthony Towns)
> 	* the Debian Keyring maintenaners (James Troup, Michael Beattie)
> 	* the Jetring developers (Joey Hess, Anthony Towns, Christoph Berg)

My only concern here is that it seems like we have a lot of people who
are responsible for the keyring; do we need to work on a slightly more
fleshed out framework for acceptance so that all of them are
> 2) The initial policy for an individual to be included in the keyring
>    will be:
> 	* that the applicant acknowledges Debian's social contract,
> 	  free software guidelines, and machine usage policies.

How do we plan on checking this?

> 	* that at least one Debian developer (preferable more) is willing
> 	  to advocate for the applicant's inclusion, in particular to the
> 	  fact that the applicant is technically competent and good to work
> 	  with.

Do the people who are going to be involved in maintaining the keyring
have a proposal for how to verify this?

Don Armstrong

Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves
exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves
only the unanimity of the graveyard.
 -- Justice Roberts in 319 U.S. 624 (1943)