Re: GR idea related to ongoing licensing discussions

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> So, how about we settle this once and for all?  The DFSG is not an
> orthogonal basis for a vector space.  The world won't end if we add a new
> point to it that some folks feel is redundant with what it already says.
> If there's a principle that we're generally applying for licenses, let's
> just add it to the DFSG so that it's present in clear and unambiguous
> language and everyone knows what the project's position as a whole is.

I am in favor of this.  Having participated in the original
discussion that led to the DFSG, I do not believe that it was
intended to be a perfect, never-changing document.  I believe
that clarifying answers to questions that have proven problematic
in the past is a positive step for Debian and the DFSG.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org