Re: Q 2 all candidates: Usage of debian-announce@lists.d.o and debian-news@lists.d.o

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> How do you plan help the press team out here?

By encouraging people to help. The two issues that you mentioned have been
problematic because of timing issues. IMO anyone who want to help
should start by contributing to debian-publicity and draft announces
that can be sent without real timing issue. Some people are sending
ideas for various news that could be relayed... They need to be
reformulated in proper english. If for some reasons, it doesn't work for
debian-news, they can always be sent on times.debian.net.

As usual, even if Martin Joey Schulze has made mistakes in the past, it's
important to work with him. I'll gladly discuss with volunteers and Joey
to try to find out a compromise.

> Do you think a delegation of one person is enough for the press team
> this far?

No.

There's also Alexander Schmehl behind the alias press@d.o but he can't
send announces to the mailing lists.