Re: Question for Gustavo and Sam: bringing back the fun

On to, 2007-03-15 at 16:05 +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 11:15:03AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > 1) flamewars: the constant bickering on mailing list is depressing, it
> > takes away a lot of time, and it gives the whole project a bad
> > reputation.
>
>   FWIW you're not _forced_ either to read them, nor to participate.

I've tried not participating or reading lists with large flame contents:
for significant parts of 2006 I did not read -devel and -project (for
instance). The result was that you're cut off from any sense of what the
project is doing and where it is going. You tinker with your own
packages, but you're not really part of the development community. The
only reason I didn't completely drop out was because I stayed on
#debian-devel on IRC.

--
Debian is a beast that speaks with many voices -- Richard Braakman