Re: Getting patches applied. emulated buildd's are good (was: kFreeBSD is "fantastic")

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 20:41:43 -0600, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> > > 68k seems to have elected to skip official etch, but also seems to
> > > have met the requirements. Some of the non-dd porters still want an
> > > official etch release.
> >
> > (They met the requirements after the architecture freeze, and only using
> > emulated buildds, which needs some more discussion before being suitable
> > for release.)
>
> This should be discussed then. The consensus I've been reading on
> debian-68k is that emulated buildds produce better code than real
> hardware. Can you help lead or find someone to lead this discussion? Perhaps
> a poll or irc meeting might help.

The Maemo platform is enterely cross-compiled for armel under scratchbox
(there might be still few exceptions that are natively built, due to
problems with qemu and/or scratchbox, thought), and those are the
binaries that went/go into the N770 and N800 devices.

regards,
guillem