Questions concerning the DPL board

Hi,

after reading some of the rebuttals, I have some questions for
all the candidates (some questions make more sense for the candidates
who are also in the DPL board that I suggested, but others are free to
respond as if they were part of the board). When I look at those questions,
I have the feeling that they are "rhetoric", because most of the answers look
like self-evident for me. But since we have different opinions around, I
prefer to ask them so that it's clear for everybody.

Some of you feel that the DPL board brings another level of bureaucracy.
I think on the contrary, that it enables saner consensus-building than the
current discussion methods.

1/ Why do you think that alone you'll be able to take consensual decisions if
you fear that you're not able to convince a small set of open-minded
Debian developers?

2/ Do you agree that the proposed board is a good compromise for a group
representing Debian's diversity (in terms of opinions at least) while still
consisting mainly of open-minded people with good communication skills?

Some of you fear pushing forward your own projects if you don't have the
implicit project approval through your election.

3/ Aren't you convinced that your projects are good?

4/ Don't you think that if some of your projects are not good enough, the
discussion within the DPL board will make that clear?

5/ Which of your projects can't be done as member of the DPL board? Or
which of your projects do you believe will be blocked by a DPL board and
why?

Some of you believe that the decision-mechanism is going to introduce
delays. First of all, the DPL board has certainly many responsibilities
which do not need to make formal use of their powers (giving his opinion,
mediation, answering mails, responding to interviews, ...). In the few
cases, where a formal decisions is needed I see two case: the decision is
not problematic, someone takes it and announces it to the board. The other
board members have (let's say) 3 days to voice any opposition. If there's no
opposition, the decision is taken. Otherwise, it should go trough the
procedure outlined in my platform.
Thus I believe that we can adapt the working of the board to avoid most
bureaucratic problems.

6/ Can you give me concrete examples of projects that need to be decided
very quickly (< 3 days) where the DPL board would be a real problem?

7/ And a last question for sam, you say "I am a bit wary that his idea of
empowering people to do stuff might mean encouraging them to do it _alone_
or working around other teams, instead of _cooperating_.". How do you
reconciliate this with your own fears concerning the board? It looks like
_cooperating_ within a board is not your preferred course of action, you'd
rather take the responsibilities _alone_.

Thanks for your attention and your time.

Raphaël Hertzog