Question to all candidates: Perceived hostility within the community

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> There is nothing like a moral right to mock people, just like there is
> nothing like a moral right not to be mocked.

Research[1] has shown that one of the primary factors deterring women
from involvement in free software is the perceived hostility of many of
the communities. Do candidates believe that mocking of other members of
the project is acceptable[2], given that a side effect may be to
discourage a significant body of the population from participating
within the project?

[1]
http://flosspols.org/deliverables/D16HTML/FLOSSPOLS-D16-Gender_Integrated_Report_of_Findings.htm
, for instance

[2] I appreciate that I have not always provided any sort of good
example in this respect. I've been making various changes in my life in
an attempt to avoid that.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org