Re: DPL candidate question

[ First of all, apologies for the delayed response; I'm catching up
  after several days of FOSDEM-plague :-( ]

Hi Curt,

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:52:20PM -0500, Curt Larson wrote:
>As kind of a follow-up to the basic 'what would you do as DPL that you
>could not do as DD?' I would like to know more about how you would
>handle marketing Debian.  The very hot topic this week is Dell's move
>to offer open source alternatives. Buried  several clicks away from
>Dells 'Ideas in Action' page is a vague reference to Debian pertaining
>to 8G servers. Would you as DPL make it a primary goal to attract as
>many DD's as you could to work specifically on eliminating the gotchas
>of installing Debian on Dell Desktops, Laptops and Servers working
>towards putting Debian at the top of Dells (and maybe others to
>follow) list of approved and pre-installed OS's?
>~'your friendly debian-vote watcher'

I think it's a great idea to help as many people use Debian as
possible. However, I'm not going to make it a primary DPL goal to work
on supporting any particular vendor's hardware. If there are people
that would like to work on such a goal, I'll happily encourage them as
much as I can.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.