Re: Questions to the candidates

[ First of all, apologies for the delayed response; I'm catching up
  after several days of FOSDEM-plague :-( ]

Hi Mike,

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:50:41AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
>Hi,
>
>These questions may be skipped by AJ, because the answers are obvious.
>
>What do you think of the dunc-tank initiative ? What do you think are
>the result of the "experiment" ?

I think that dunc-tank was a very good idea on the part of AJ, a DPL
looking for new ways in which to help the release process. It's
unfortunate that some of the responses were so negative. I would have
preferred that the initiative had stayed within Debian, but those
negative responses were enough to cause us to go elsewhere.

I believe that dunc-tank successfully aided the release team - two
full-time months definitely helped a great deal. However, other
factors conspired against us and we did not release on the schedule we
were hoping for. It also showed us that there are some very strong
opinions in the project against the use of money to help in our goals.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html