Re: Questions to the candidates

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> wrote:

> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
>>   I absolutely don't like the implications of that assertion.
>
> Well, if an entity A feels that they would benefit from paying a DD
> for his Debian work, they have two choices:
>
> 1. They can do it publicly, or
> 2. They can just work the details out with the DD and not announce
>    this anywhere.
>
> Doing #1 entails taking a lot of heat from those DD's who feel that
> paying DD's is a no-no.

s/lot/small amount/;s/those DD's/at least 2 DDs/

and I am not even sure that the two people you cited in your answer to
Josselin actually were talking about a third party paying a DD.

> How many entities want to have their name
> associated with postings like the ones we had with the Dunc-Tank
> experiment?

The crucial point of the Dunc-Tank experiment was that it was not "an
entity A", but an effort led by the current DPL.  If the DPL was
employed by a company that also want to pay other developers, they might
face similar opposition, but in every other case I do not expect this.
After all, it has been done for long, with nobody speaking up, not even
Joey and Thibaut.

I can only emphasize that I, too, do not like the implications of
Anthony's assertion.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster