Re: A new practical problem with invariant sections?

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 06:28:34PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:
>
> > there's nothing in the GFDL that prevents you from doing that. the
> > capabilities of your medium are beyond the ability of the GFDL (or any
> > license) to control.
>
> This is hardly true.  The GFDL says you must transmit the original
> Japanese text in the case in question, and so if you cannot do so in a
> given medium, then you cannot use that medium to transmit the text.

the GPL says you must include the full machine-readable/editable source
code, so if you can't do that in a given medium (say, a chip with 1KB
capacity) then GPL software is not free in any medium.

try again. if you keep coming up with these absurd claims, the laws
of chance says that you must get it right one day. OTOH, you've got a
better chance of winning a big lottery.

> > no, it's lying arseholes like you who aren't listening. like every
> > other argument against the GFDL and every other alleged "proof"
> > that the GFDL is non-free, this is a mere CONVENIENCE ISSUE, not
> > a FREEDOM ISSUE. the DFSG does not require convenience, it only
> > requires freedom.
>
> Ah, once Craig insisted to me that he would never ever read my email
> messages. Either that was a lie, or heeys'changed his mind.

up to your usual tricks again, i see. truth just isn't that important
to you, is it? you make up any old shit that suits your purposes at the
moment and hope you can pass it off without comment.

when did i ever say that, you lying scumbag?

i didn't say that and never have said that. what i actually do (as you
well know because you've received numerous returned copies of your mail)
is reject any message sent direct from you to me (i.e. from you, with
any of my addresses in either the To: or CC: headers).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)